Monday, December 10, 2007

Tucson, the Next Hot Spot?

With all of the talk about the next Mall of America being built in the location of my new home in the Vail area I thought I had hit a goldmine. Alas, I have heard that this rumor is merely a rumor and will not be happening. This past weekend I did the research and found that one of the investors had worked on the Mall of America, but is not building a "Mall of America" in Tucson. They will however be building a Hot Spot called Passages of Tucson that will bring together spas that of course are very well-known in the Arizona area and building upon that well-known focus of Arizona and bringing it together with great shops and hotels. Kind of like a Las Vegas where you replace the gambling with relaxing. I love the idea...it won't really be done for another 15 years (I know crazy)...but, I am thinking that it will be open to check out through those 15 years, just not finished.  So, we shall see...keep a look out and lets see if this turns into another Las Vegas. 

No comments: